The first time you visit any place, it’s natural to want to know enough of what you should expect so you don’t have to contend with any major surprises, so you are prepared and don’t feel awkward; hopefully this section will give you answers to questions you want to know!
When Should I Arrive on Sundays?
- Sunday School starts at 9:45 a.m.; feel free to enjoy a cup of coffee and get oriented.
- Morning worship starts at 10:55 a.m.; Evening worship starts at 6:00 p.m. The services are not identical.
- Opening exercises for children ages K-6th grade in the Sanctuary for catechism review and singing (9:45-10:00 a.m.)
- Opening Exercises for Junior High through adult in the basement Fellowship Hall (9:45 –10:00 a.m.)
- Adult Sunday School (High School through Adult) in the basement Fellowship Hall (10:00 – 10:45 a.m.)
- Children and Youth Sunday School (Junior High and below) Separate classrooms upstairs and downstairs (10:00 – 10:45 a.m.)
How Should We Dress?
Attire is on-average “business casual,” but we have no dress code, and people dress up and down as they desire.
What Will the Worship Service Be Like?
We hope that as you join us for worship your attention will be directed to the grace and glory of our God as revealed in Scripture and centered upon Christ Jesus. With this in mind, our service is filled with Scripture reading, the singing of hymns and psalms (with piano and sometimes organ accompaniment), prayer, the proclamation of God’s Word, offering, and a monthly observance of the Lord’s Supper. From Scripture, we understand worship to be a meeting with God and his people, and the order of service reflects this dialogue: God speaks to us by His Word, and we respond with praise, confession, thanksgiving and supplication. We hope that as you worship with us you will know the joy and reverence of fellowship in God’s presence, in Christ Jesus, marveling in his majesty and rejoicing in his redeeming grace to sinners.
What Is the Order of Worship?
What Is the Make-Up of the Congregation?
Because of our proximity to Grove City College, we are privileged to have many college students walk down to worship with us. Organized in 1936, Covenant Church is blessed with a fellowship of people from all walks of life because of our long history in the Grove City Community. Families, singles, young and old, from various stages of life enrich our fellowship.
In a room off the Lobby, to the right of the doors to the sanctuary, we have a nursery available which is staffed by attendants who have submitted the necessary clearances.
Bathrooms are available off the basement Fellowship Hall and off the Lobby.
Parking is available behind the building and also in the lot to the right of the building.
Will I Be Put on the Spot?!
No! We do not ask people to stand up and introduce themselves during Sunday School or the Worship Service, so you can rest easy. Though we do have discussion during Sunday School, we don’t expect everyone to say something. We do hope that we’ll have the opportunity to introduce ourselves and meet you before and after the worship services, though!